Who are we
Membership with the RVTTC
The Registered Veterinary Technologists and Technicians of Canada (RVTTC) is a not-for-profit organization uniting provincial/regional veterinary technician and technologist associations.
RVTTC works together with provincial veterinary technician/technologist associations in an effort to unite, advance, and strengthen the RVT profession across Canada. Engaging provincial associations allows us to collaborate on areas of mutual interest, ultimately helping us to champion the RVT profession on a national level and achieve animal healthcare excellence.
The RVTTC recently compiled the regulatory information for the canadian veterinary technology profession. Click HERE to read.
RVTTC Mission Statement
To unite, advance, and strengthen the RVT profession across Canada.
Animal healthcare excellence.
P.O. Box 961, Kemptville,
ON K0G 1J0
Members of the RVTTC are the affiliated Canadian veterinary technician associations British Columbia Veterinary Technologist Association (BCVTA), Alberta Association of Animal Health Technologists (AAAHT), Saskatchewan Association of Veterinary Technologists (SAVT), Manitoba Veterinary Technologists Association (MVTA), Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians (OAVT) and the Eastern Veterinary Technicians Association (EVTA). Professional RVT membership to any one of these associations includes registration to the RVTTC.
How do I become a RVTTC Member?
If you are a RVT and you are a member of one of the provincial veterinary technician/technologist associations — OAVT, EVTA, MVTA, AAAHT, SAVT, or BCVTA — then you are already a RVTTC member as your provincial association has paid for your membership.
Benefits of Membership
RVTTC is tasked with promoting the veterinary technologist profession, establishing and maintaining national standards of membership, and becoming a resource regarding national and international issues. Membership to RVTTC (via your provincial association) is a commitment to your professionalism. The RVTTC provides members with a voice and direct contact to issues relating to the RVT profession nationally and internationally facilitating positive change for RVTs across Canada.
National RVT member benefits program includes:
- Continuing education portal with national and international sources for professional’s development of RVT’s in a variety of topics
- National group health, disability, life insurance program
Benefits to RVT’s in Canada:
- Unified professional recognition across Canada
- Direct contribution to the education of future RVT’s through the accreditation of AHT/VT programs across Canada, representation and connection to credential process of U.S. VT/AHT program and contribute to the preparation of the Veterinary Technician National Examination (VTNE)
- National and international communication and collaboration with affiliated Canadian provincial AHT/VT associations, networking relationship with National Association of Veterinary Technicians and a core member of the International Veterinary Nurses and Technicians Association (IVNTA)
- Professional mobility: Reciprocity with provincial associations across Canada; active effort in progress to include the veterinary technician profession to the North America Free Trade Agreement to improve opportunities between Canada, U.S.A. & Mexico; access to international VT associations to facilitate international mobility
- National RVT representation on animal welfare committees
- Affiliate relationship with Canadian Veterinary Medical Association to promote veterinary team relations, RVT associations and veterinary associations working together to improve the animal health care team
- Annual National Veterinary Technician campaign promoting RVT profession and provide resources for public education
- National RVT career advertisements