The RVTTC is excited to announce a member initiative designed to strengthen the RVT profession in Canada!
This initiative was created to provide funds for RVTs who may want to expand their professional knowledge or skills as an RVT and require additional financial support to attend a conference or continuing education activity. A maximum of $1,000.00 is available per bursary. Applications will need to show how the funds will enhance their skills, goals or career development, while providing a contribution to the veterinary community.
Please be sure that you have read through the applicant criteria below as well as the fact sheet and FAQ before completing and submitting your application. A complete application will include one signed reference letter, additional reference (professional), contact information and financial documents in Microsoft Word format. Only complete applications will be forwarded to the committee for selection.
Applications will be assessed by RVTTC employees to ensure anonymity during the selection process. Please share the guidelines and FAQ’s with your referee to be sure their letter of reference does not include any identifiers (i.e. your name).
- be an RVT member in good standing with the RVTTC (Member of BCVTA, ABVTA, SAVT, MVTA, OAVT or EVTA);
- submit a complete application with appropriate details of the funding request; and
- provide a report to the committee after completion of the event.
- RVT members are eligible only once every 5 years to receive funds (members not selected can re-apply in subsequent years); and
- only funding requests for future expenditures up until October 31, 2019 qualify — applications for past events are not eligible.
Application Close Date: August 15th, 2018
No late applications will be considered. We will ONLY accept one submission per member; as such, please ensure that it is complete and error-free as re-submissions will not be given consideration. Please only refer to yourself and the profession as RVT or Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist, do not use unrecognized terms in your application (i.e. tech, vet tech). Your references should be encouraged to do so as well. References may be contacted for further information.
All questions related to the RVTTC Travel Bursary must be addressed to [email protected]. If your query needs to be forwarded to the committee, it will be sent anonymously. As such, do not include identifiers in the body of your message. Please refrain from contacting board members directly as this constitutes a conflict of interest.
- Travel Bursary Application Form — DOWNLOAD