RVT needed to help grow team at Equi-Tech Veterinary
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, team player to join our busy practice!
Our practice is located on a cute country acreage, only 20 minutes North of Winnipeg.
The clients we serve come from all over the South Interlake, Stonewall, and Winnipeg.
“It’s fabulous working in a rural community!”- Judy, RVT.
We have been serving our clientele since 1985.
We are a second generation, family-owned and operated business
• husband-and-wife owners: Drs. Neil Versavel and Valerie Millette.
As a mixed animal practice, we see a wide variety of patients from cattle, horses, hobby farm animals, and dogs and cats.
Our work family:
We have one vet dedicated to mixed animal practice (Dr. Neil Versavel), and 2 vets dedicated to small animal practice (Drs. Valerie Millette and Luc Versavel). There are 3 full time RVTs, 2 veterinary assistants, as well as 4 CSRs.
Small Animal Services that we offer:
• Wellness and emergency medicine
• Elective and emergency surgeries (5 days a week)
• Dentistry (3 days per week)
• In-house diagnostic services
• Complementary acupuncture services
• Referral surgeries through collaboration with mobile boarded surgeons
Large Animal Services that we offer:
● Wellness, basic and advanced dentistry
● Minor surgery, medicine and lameness services to our equine clientele
● Individual and herd health services for beef cattle, on-farm semen evaluation, pregnancy diagnosis, obstetrical services
● Professional consultation on pharmaceutical and biological needs.
What we need:
• An RVT licensed to practice in Manitoba
• We primarily require support for the Small Animal side of the practice:
o Work collaboratively with our team on small animal medicine cases, perform diagnostic tests, assist with surgeries, perform anesthesia, perform dental cleanings and oral radiographs, nursing care, general maintenance and upkeep of the hospital.
• Large Animal Support (minimal):
o Laboratory diagnostics
o Assistance with taking radiographs
o Some surgeries require an RVT for assistance and administration of anesthesia
What we can offer you:
• A competitive wage based on experience – let’s discuss what your needs and goals are!
• A very generous CE allowance – we strongly encourage our team to find what drives them in their career, to learn and explore!
• Extended health benefits
• Paid sick days and holidays
• A uniform allowance
• Paid MVMA/MVTA dues
What sets us apart?
• A strong focus on team-building and workplace culture
o Monthly staff meetings
o Regular check-ins with the Leadership team
o A structured on-boarding process and training
“A lot of effort is put into building and maintaining a positive and friendly work environment, and it shows.” – Lavina, RVT
• Flexible scheduling to accommodate for your important personal/family life
“Equi-Tech is a very supportive and energetic environment.” – Hana, CSR
• NO Saturdays, evenings, or late nights!! We are closed on all statutory holidays.
“The practice hours of operation allow for work-life balance.” – Lavina, RVT
• A one hour lunch break – we close the clinic from noon-1 pm to allow for our team to take a break and re-charge.
o We have a full-service kitchen in our staff room, a beautiful picnic area, and we are located on a dead-end road that leads to a walking trail in the woods.
• We believe strongly in mentorship, and as such we often host RVT students, employ summer veterinary students, and always have volunteers ready and willing to help in order to gain experience in their various areas of pursuit.
Our goal is to draw, encourage, and retain new talent in rural veterinary practice.
• Our practice owners are ever-present in the clinic, down-to-earth and approachable people, who truly care about the well-being and happiness of their employees.
“I couldn’t be more thankful for being a part of this amazing team.” – Felicity, large animal vet assistant.
If we have piqued your interest, please give us a call to arrange for an opportunity to see for yourself why the Equi-Tech family is growing.
Email us: [email protected]
Ad expires: December 12, 2023