The Board of Directors for the Manitoba Veterinary Technologists Association (MVTA) is comprised of 6 dedicated veterinary professionals. Elected by members, these committed volunteers advocate and promote the veterinary technologist profession throughout Manitoba as well as on a national level. By leading and supporting the interests of technologists in the province, the MVTA’s objective is to advance the profession through education opportunities and advocating for greater scope of practice, while also growing public awareness of the role a technologist plays in veterinary medicine.
Members of the MVTA Board of Directors, have represented technologists on the following boards/committees:
- MVTA Advisory Committee
- MVMA Council
- RVTTC Board of Directors
- National VTA Executive Director Committee
- RRC Polytechnic VT Program Advisory Committee
- Robert VOA Advisory Committee
- MVMA Animal Welfare Committee
- MVMA/MVTA RVT Scope Veterinary Committee
- WCVM Workplace Health and Safety Advisory Committee
- RVTTC Labour Mobility Task Force
2022 MVTA Board of Directors
Jenesis Caughy, RVT
Elizabeth Greber, RVT
Jessee-Lee LeBlanc, RVT
Caitlin Hofer, RVT
Shailynn Fuz, RVT
Cindy Sontag, RVT
Interested in becoming a MVTA Director?
If you are considering nominating yourself or another RVT for a MVTA Director seat, you may be hesitant if you don’t know much about the actual role of a MVTA Director. Our directors have an impact on the future of the RVT profession. They are RVT leaders, elected by their peers to accurately and justly represent the best interests of the Association while promoting, advocating, leading and supporting our RVT members in the Province of Manitoba.
Responsibilities of the MVTA Board include:
- Help direct the organization with respect to its Mission and Vision Statement and Association’s strategic directions
- Listen to and reflect on issues raised by the members and act in accordance with the best interests of the Association as a whole
- Select confident, strong, and competent leaders to enhance the Association and its potential for the future
- Communicate and work effectively with the Executive Director
- Communicate with key stakeholders to raise awareness and recognition for our Association and its members
MVTA Board members also receive significant benefits including but not limited to:
- Invaluable leadership, management training, and experience
- Opportunities to grow as an individual and develop skills that will benefit you both in your present and any future career paths
- Ability to positively impact the MVTA, its members, the veterinary medical profession in Manitoba and adherents
- Reimbursement of travel expenses for attending scheduled meetings as determined by the policy of the Association
- Discounts on MVTA CE events
- Paid travel opportunities to represent MVTA, depending on role
What kind of time commitment is expected from a Director of the MVTA Board?
- MVTA Board of Directors meeting once a month, with the exception of July and August. Our meetings are held in the evening and run from about 7:00pm-9:30pm. We give everyone the option to either meet in person at our office (located at 1590 Inkster Blvd in Winnipeg) or participate virtual. This allows us to have representation from all across Manitoba by eliminating the travel barrier.
The meeting dates for 2023-24 are as follows:
- March 12, 2023 - AGM (Sunday)
- March 22, 2023 (Wednesday)
- April 19, 2023 (Wednesday)
- May 17, 2023 (Wednesday)
- June 14, 2023 (Wednesday)
- September 14, 2023 (Thursday)
- October 24, 2023 (Tuesday)
- November 21, 2023 (Tuesday)
- December 28, 2023 (Thursday)
- January 24, 2024 (Wednesday)
If you would like to nominate yourself or another MVTA member for a Director seat with the MVTA, click the button below to complete our online form.