For successful registration to work as a veterinary technologist in Manitoba, you must be a graduate of a Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) or the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program and in order to practice veterinary medicine, individuals must hold joint membership with the MVTA and the MVMA. For more information, click the button below.

Learn More

Title Protection

All veterinary technologists must be registered in the Province of Manitoba with the MVTA and the MVMA. It is important to note that an individual cannot use the title Veterinary Technologist (or a variation or abbreviation of the title) or engage in the practice of veterinary medicine (as defined through scope of practice) in Manitoba without registration in both associations, as defined in the Provincial Veterinary Medical Act.