SEEKING A FULL-TIME/PART-TIME/CASUAL REGISTERED VETERINARY TECHNOLOGIST (RVT) TO JOIN OUR TEAM.
Pet Vet is a well-established and progressive small animal practice located in Steinbach, Manitoba. We are a busy four-doctor practice with a skilled and supportive team. This is a fast-paced environment where learning and development is encouraged and supported. We are proud to be independently owned and operated with a strong focus on our community.
• Assist veterinarians with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Ensure operating room complies with all aseptic standards and protocol.
• Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
• Administer medications via intramuscular, subcutaneous, intravenous or topical routes.
• Provide gold-standard veterinary nursing in a professional and ethical manner.
• Document and maintain accurate patient medical records in accordance with provincial governing laws.
• Perform dental prophylaxis in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards.
• Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
• Collect, prepare and analyze laboratory samples including venipuncture, fecal samples, urine by free flow, catheterization or cystocentesis, skin scrape or swab utilizing appropriate equipment and technique. Ensure diagnostics being send to external labs are properly prepared for shipping and analysis including adequate documentation.
• Execute quality diagnostic imaging using proper techniques and safety equipment.
• Routinely assist veterinarians during euthanasia using humane and acceptable practices.
• Collaborate with RVT team to maintain various medical equipment and advise management when repairs are needed.
• Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary team members.
• Collaborate with RVT/Vet Assistant team to maintain a clean and professional hospital.
• Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a compassionate, mature, and organized team player. NEW GRADS WELCOME TO APPLY! Shifts will include day shift and weekends. NO EVENINGS!
• Competitive Wages
• Benefit Plan
• Uniform Allowance
• Generous staff pet discount
• Paid Sick Time
• Respectful Workplace
• CE Allowance
• Paid MVTA and MVMA dues
If you are an attention-to-detail person and would like to join our welcoming and encouraging team, please email your resume to [email protected]
Ad expires: April 20, 2024